We prepare our students for successful futures in a demanding, dynamic, uncertain yet exciting world.
We prepare our graduates to:
- excel in demanding jobs
- face the dynamic world with confidence
- tackle uncertainty with optimism
- seize opportunity to be innovators.
They do this through:
- knowing the power of connection
- experiencing the rigour of deep thinking
- seeing the power of community and collaboration in solving problems
- engaging in a contemporary educational experience.
Our research deepens knowledge and delivers impact for communities small and large, near and far, in a complex and ever-changing world.
Our focus is on:
- deepening understanding and creation of new knowledge
- maximising impact to benefit society
- collaboration and partnership to harness the power of connection
- preparing research graduates for productive, diverse and exciting careers.
As we progress our University Operating Plan 2020-2024, we have set out a shared commitment to be:
- renowned for graduate employability, putting students and their success first by leveraging our deep industry connections to deliver an outstanding student experience combined with innovative learning and teaching, and a coursework suite design centred on employability
- sustainably ranked in the top 200 and on a trajectory to be among the top 150 universities in the world through a continued focus on multidisciplinary research, investment in defined research areas and training, and an acceleration of growth and diversification in sources of external income
- an employer of choice that recruits, retains and develops the highest-performing academic and professional staff who, through our collaborative and collegial culture, are nurtured to seize opportunities. We have a heightened emphasis on performance, professional development and adaptability to meet the ever-changing requirements of the communities we serve
- known globally for our deep connections between students, academics, industry, society and global partners that defy the traditional boundaries of academia to effect change.