Are your details up to date?
Receive our news, event invitations and alumni benefits
Global alumni networks
Join one of Macquarie's many global alumni groups
Education discounts and Career opportunities
View the range of education discounts, career benefits and opportunities available to Macquarie alumni.
Postgraduate study scholarships
Postgraduate Loyalty Scheme in Macquarie University
Macquarie graduates may be eligible for a 10% sponsorship of fees when deciding to continue their postgraduate study with Macquarie University.
Learn more about the Postgraduate Loyalty Scheme.
Macquarie University - ANU alumni postgraduate support scheme
The Macquarie University - Australian National University (ANU) alumni postgraduate support scheme assists both ANU and Macquarie University alumni to upskill or retrain to meet the challenges of our changing world. It is awarded to all eligible alumni of either university, whether domestic or international, to support their ongoing postgraduate studies at ANU commencing in 2023 and 2024. Macquarie University also offers a similar support scheme to ANU alumni, details can be found here.
Whether seeking to advance your career in your current field or looking to reskill for an in-demand industry, you are now eligible for a 10 per cent tuition fee reduction on most postgraduate courses at ANU, if you enrol in your program in 2023 or 2024.
Find out more about the Macquarie University - ANU Alumni postgraduate support scheme here.
MQBS short courses
MQBS offer a range of short courses on Finance, Innovation, Leadership and more, and Macquarie University alumni receive a special 20% discount on enrolment in open program courses.
For more information, visit the Short Courses website.
Contact email@example.com to find out how you can use this exclusive alumni discount.
Scholarship for Global MBA
Our online Global MBA already offers immense value, flexibility and affordability, with full priced tuition fees for the program at around AUD $1,700 per unit. Plus you can now receive a 10% scholarship towards tuition fees.
Visit Global MBA website for more information.
Recent graduates (less than 12 months)
Careers and employment services
Macquarie's Career and Employment Service is offered to all current students during their studies and up to 12 months after they graduate.
Recent graduates can register as alumni in Employability Connect to access Macquarie's career services, including:
- employment opportunities — casual, international, volunteer, work experience
- career events — career planning, interviews, resume writing
- career information — presentations from past employers, sample resumes and fact sheets.
Career Advantage MQ Program
Career Advantage MQ is a professional career development service that is designed for MQ Alumni 12 months or more after graduation to help you achieve your career goals. Uncover your key career motivators, strengths, and blind spots to prepare for your next career challenge with a special alumni price of $240 (standard price is $900).
This service is delivered by MQ Master of Organisational Psychology Provisional Psychologists under the supervision of Endorsed Organisational Psychologists.
Backpack to Briefcase series
The Backpack to Briefcase (B2B) series focuses on providing our new alumni with professional development, networking and career-building opportunities. These include events in person, volunteer opportunities, and exclusive access to professional development content and online communities via social media.
We have several different themes including:
- Beer with the Boss — one of our most popular alumni networking events, and is about the opportunity for young alumni to connect with senior industry leaders outside the work environment. The concept is simple: relax, grab a drink (or two) and speed network with a ‘boss’ in a group.
- The Challenge — in teams, work together to come up with a solution to the scenario and give a short, three-minute pitch in front of a panel of accomplished (but friendly) experts. The Challenge is about so much more than winning. It is about getting out of your comfort zone, bouncing ideas off people you’ve never met, hearing fresh perspectives by thinking outside the box and practicing your problem solving and communication skills.
- Pop-up networking drinks — a casual networking event with the only agenda being to meet people.
- Professional workshops.
Join our Young Alumni network on LinkedIn to find out more.
Hire Macquarie talent
If you're in a position to recruit new talent, consider connecting with our career and employment services team to build your professional network and engage with our enthusiastic students.
Opportunities can include:
- advertising a job on CareerHub to more than 40,000 students and recent graduates
- hiring an intern or sharing paid/unpaid internship opportunities
- exhibiting at our careers fairs or on-campus workshops
- partnering with us to provide cooperative education programs.
To learn more, visit our hiring students webpage.