Celebrating alumni achievements and excellence
We honour our alumni for their outstanding service and contribution in their chosen fields.
Our awards ceremonies are an opportunity to share their inspirational stories and exceptional experiences with our University communities.
Alumni Award winners
The categories ensure alumni from all areas of local and global communities have the opportunity to be recognised for their achievements.
The five award categories are:
Innovation and enterprise
This award celebrates the visionary and the daring.
It recognises forward-thinking alumni who are leaders in their industry, profession, field of research or area of expertise.
This award acknowledges sustainability and technology, elements of design and architecture, and creative new ideas for an industry.
This award recognises and honours the outstanding contributions that alumni have made to international society through community service or professional achievements.
This could be either a one-off significant global impact or an ongoing contribution, and can include both professional and community achievements.
This award recognises the outstanding achievements of alumni in their professional fields.
This could include alumni who achieve excellence in industry, government, research, the arts, sport, or many other areas.
This award recognises outstanding achievements made by alumni aged 35 and younger (at the close of nominations).
With such a broad scope, the award celebrates what our younger alumni have achieved in their careers so far.
Social impact and service
This award recognises the personal contributions of alumni who, through service or philanthropy, improve the lives of those in need.
It also seeks to recognise the significant involvement of our alumni in projects that enrich local or international communities through activities such as volunteering, philanthropy and service to the community.
How to nominate
- Complete the Alumni Awards nomination form*.
- Provide a written statement (maximum 500 words) detailing:
- why the nominee deserves to be recognised
- how they meet the selection criteria for the award.
- Nominations may also include supporting evidence (maximum of three attachments) such as:
- the nominee's CV or resume
- awards they have received
- media clippings
- electronic media footage.
* a separate nomination form and statement are required for each category that you apply for.
Macquarie Alumni Award nominees must demonstrate at least one of the following:
- made an outstanding contribution to their chosen field
- provided outstanding service to the community
- given outstanding service to Macquarie University and be worthy of special recognition.
Last updated: 06 Sep 2023